The Vertére Inventory Manager is a multi-module enterprise inventory management system for scientific materials control. This modular application is the culmination of over a decade of development, combining the best features of Vertére's chemical, asset, and supply management systems. Vertére has worked closely with our customers to respond to new regulatory and fiscal challenges, developing tools that reduce costs and improve control.
In the past two decades, we have expanded beyond our original DOS-based SCANventory fixed asset management software into a full line of web-based inventory solutions for
Our inventory management software delivers:
- Ease of use
- Handheld barcode scanner integration to identify equipment, chemicals, fixed assets, and storage locations
- Common security, location, user and group, vendor, and catalog files shared among the modules
- For chemical management, it is delivered with a catalog of over 200,000 vendor-specific products
- Web capability allowing distributed data entry and lookup capabilities
The modular design of Vertére's inventory management system enables site-specific setup according to the objectives and resources of each site user group.
For example, one group may maintain emergency response kits, or safety and laboratory equipment in the General Inventory Module. Within the same inventory module, other groups of users may maintain an inventory of backup tapes, computer equipment, vehicles, maintenance equipment, or office furnishings.
Within Vertére's Chemical Inventory Module lab managers, health and safety team members, compliance managers or others can track reagents, biological and select agents, DEA controlled items, isotopes, maintenance chemicals, or other materials. Vertére's module includes physical data, safety and regulatory information, and a full complement of functions that each group can enable to meet their inventory requirements.
To improve distribution of Vertére's accountability for lab or office supplies, organizations can use the Supply Module to place and receive orders, disburse inventory, complete cycle counts and audits, and bill end users—keeping it simple or managing complex supply tasks.
For full Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB)-compliant capital asset management, including audits, regular physical inventory and reconciliation tasks, users can utilize Vertére's Fixed Asset Module that supports fund accounting and linked asset management.
Finally, with this range of tools, VIM (Vertére) helps users distribute information and share the responsibilities of inventory management through the web using Vertere's web based inventory software. User access is controlled for all web transactions based on the standard Roles and Rights defined for end users in Vertére's Inventory Manager
Using your own secure IIS web server, you can give site-wide access to your inventory control data, enable one or more forms for data entry, and minimize IT support requirements. The user community can use their preferred browser to do queries of on-site items, add new items to selected modules, request dispositions, prepare requisitions, or document transfers. Concurrent user licensing enables access to all functions of all modules to the licensed number of users. Use is controlled from within the IM.
Each module in VIM comes standard with the following abilities, which are necessary in a fully functional inventory management system:
- Control: what, where, and how much or how many of a particular asset or chemical are in your possession.
- Access: making inventory information available throughout your organization.
- Accountability: how an item was acquired, who is responsible for it.
- Security: who has access to inventory information.
- History: an audit log provides detailed records on all transactions
- Reconciliation: data collection programs, reconciliation and updating tools.
- Reporting: basic inventory records with a full ad hoc report writer for preparing site-specific reports.